The Number One Tip for Professional Wellness
We typically don’t get too carried away with the monthly themes, but with June being Professional Wellness month, that one was a no brainer. Our entire mission statement is based around wellness in the workplace.
A few weeks ago, as we conducted one of our many standing–and stretching–meetings (our twist on the standing meeting) we brainstormed some new tips and tricks we could publish for Professional Wellness Month. There were of course a bevy of ideas:
- Incorporate some stretching into your standing meetings (obviously)
- Start a lunchtime salad bar with colleagues
- Create a friendly fitness competition among your team
- Set 1-2-1 break time walking dates with different work friends
And of course there were the good old faithful tips for maintaining physical and mental wellbeing at work:
- Take little breaks and take them often
- Why sit when you can stand
- Get outside whenever possible
As we continued to stretch through these ideas, both old and new, one theme kept surfacing: Consistency is key! This is not to say that it doesn’t help to switch things up, because it does. What it means is that no matter what routine you pick, make it a doable commitment. Create a plan that is something you can realistically stick to. When you do, you’ll find yourself enjoying a much more sustainable wellness plan, at work and in life.